Communication for Connection
Communication is the one skill we use every day, in every environment, and in every situation. Yet, we’ve all experienced the fallouts of bad communication or the lack of communication.
In this session, we will identify and overcome three common obstacles to effective communication. Once we are aware of them, we can take constructive steps to over them. These obstacles are maturity in the moment, personality styles and trait differences, and the tendency to be vague and make attitude assumptions.
Participants will develop the following Workplace Competencies, being able to:
- Identify 3 common obstacles to communication, and apply their countermeasures.
- Distinguish responses to unproductive behavior or lack of engagement.
- Know and understand their own DiSC® style and be able to read others’ styles.
- Develop a habit of looking at situations in terms of the “behavior-outcome” model and use the model for more effective communication.
- Learn their specific tendencies toward conflict according to their DiSC® style.
- Discover and understand the reasons behind destructive responses to conflict.
- Use strategies that will curb their destructive responses and reframe productive responses.
Contact us to learn more about Communication for Connection training in Iowa, the Midwest, and across the US.