Personal Presentation & Networking
Presentation and networking skills are essential to career success. We don’t network for the purpose of getting new business; we network in order to meet the needs of others. This makes networking work for everyone.
Through vivid examples and real-time demonstrations and practice, this session will cover various networking situations such as how to enter a conversation with a group, how to manage food and beverage, how to end a conversation, and how to politely dismiss yourself from a conversation. We’ll also discuss six basic skills for building confidence in presentations.
Participants will develop the following Workplace Competencies, being able to:
- Use six simple techniques for presenting to others, formally or informally.
- Avoid three common unhelpful habits when networking, and develop three easy habits.
- Follow up appropriately after a networking event.
- Learn their specific tendencies toward conflict according to their DiSC® style.
- Discover and understand the reasons behind destructive responses to conflict.
- Use strategies that will curb their destructive responses and reframe productive responses.
Contact us to learn more about Personal Presentation and Networking training in Iowa, the Midwest, and across the US.